As we look ahead to the coming year with great anticipation and excitement, we wanted to take a final look back at 2017 in this edition of the Nexxus Group Newsletter.
Here are some of the highlights:
- We rolled out our re-designed public web site in mid-September, providing an easy-to-navigate user experience for Retail and Client partners. The site is an invaluable information resource for those companies considering adoption of the Scan Based Trading (SBT) model.
- Admiral Petroleum, a division of GPM Investments LLC, joined the Nexxus Group® family in June. It will employ our proprietary NexxHub™ Scan Based Trading solutions at 166 Admiral and Lemmen convenience stores throughout Michigan. Admiral Petroleum Co. was incorporated in 1956 and acquired by GPM, the largest privately-owned convenience store channel in the United States, in November 2016. The Nexxus Group’s relationship with GPM’s network of companies dates back to the 2010 launch of FasMart-Shorestop.
- Nexxus CEO Mark Landgren took part in the panel discussion “I Built My Company Without Institutional Money”. Gesmer Updergrove LLP,New England’s premier law firm for technology companies and emerging businesses hosted the event. The discussion was moderated by company Managing Partner Tom Durkin.
- Nexxus named Cynthia Ginman to the new position of Vice President of Sales Operations. Ginman joined Nexxus in April 2008 as Director of Sales and served as Vice President of IT Services since 2014. In her new role she will be responsible for driving revenues and new growth.
- Nexxus became part of The United Way team in support of that organization’s charitable initiatives. In April, Nexxus volunteers created a 10×10 foot board game for the Beverly Children’s Learning Center. The sports-themed “Road to Victory” game is designed to help children in Kindergarten through Grade Three with vocabulary words. In May, two groups of Nexxus volunteers teamed with Pathways for Children and the United Way for a day of sprucing up the grounds and facilities at the Pathways sites in Beverly and Gloucester. Finally, Nexxus volunteers participated in “Until All Kids Thrive: A Unique Dining Experience and Auction.” Attendees enjoyed a meal prepared by the North Shore’s finest chefs and the auction raised more than $65,000 in support of local organizations.
- The year also included the expansion and renovation of our corporate headquarters in Beverly, MA.
Spreading the word via Social Media
Our clients are among the very best at what they do. So it didn’t surprise us to learn they are equally savvy when it comes to managing Social Media. Several were big winners when Convenience Store Decisions magazine announced its sixth annual awards based on the review of Facebook and Twitter pages of 80 companies and their efforts to engage their customers.
Wawa of Chester Heights, PA ranked first in Twitter Follower Growth (104,000, +48%) from Dec. 2, 2016 through Dec. 5, 2017. It placed second in Fan-Based Growth combining Facebook and Twitter followers (150,378) during that time period.
Speedway of Enon, OH copped the top spot for Fan-Based Growth, adding 170,168 new fans – 138,168 via Facebook and 32,000 on Twitter.
MAPCO of Franklin, TN led the way in Facebook growth, adding 22,298 followers (+46%).
Who’s New at Nexxus Group
The Nexxus Group® continues to expand and provide industry-best Scan Based Trading (SBT) services across multiple product lines. We continue to build our staff to maximize top-shelf service for our valued client-partners.
Meet some of the newest members of the Nexxus Group® team:
Jon Rodgers joins Nexxus as Director of Client Services in our Beverly office. He is responsible for developing a world class Services team that will ensure success and satisfaction for our clients. Jon brings 15 years of experience, leading and executing in many different roles including Client Services, Business and Software Development Operations, Software Project Management, and Program Management.
Tom Loden is on board in Beverly as the company’s IT Operations Manager. He plans, directs, and oversees all operations of the IT Group. Additionally, Tom ensures successful deployment of internal projects and manages production support issues.
Also based in Beverly, Senior Software Engineer Rick Sweeney works on internal applications that support the operations and customer service staff, and also helps to maintain the database.
The company deepened its Account Specialist team with the addition of Laura Whelan and Dan Reinold in Beverly and Ashley Shepler in our Charlotte, N.C. They work to maintain an excellent working relationship with retailers and vendors; ensure issues are resolved to the account’s satisfaction; maintain information database; and assist companies in expanding distribution and sales across retailers.
Scheduling Your NexxHub Reporting
Are you part of our Enhanced program? Do you want to have your NexxHubTM Reports emailed to you automatically on a set schedule? If both of these answers are yes, we have a solution for you!
When you log into your NexxHub Account, you can go to the ‘Reports’ function and ‘Make a New Schedule’ (as seen below). Simply follow Steps 1-6 to customize your report and it will be emailed to you automatically!